Hours: Mon-Thu 9am-9pm/Fri & Sat 9am-5pm/Sun 1-5pm
Summer Reading ends August 1st!
Fizz, Boom, Read! Birth – 6th Grade. Pickup a new Reading Log every Monday. Bring your completed Reading Log to the library and receive great coupons and free books.
Spark A Reaction! 7th – 12th Grade. Get your card punched for for every book you read. Choose a coupon after getting five punches. Get 25 punches and turn it in for a free book!
Literary Elements! For adults. Pick up a bookmark/prize entry each week. Fill out a short review on the back of the bookmark and return it by the following week to be entered into the weekly prize drawing! The final grand prize drawing on August 1st will be for an iPad Mini!
Let’s Explore…Crafts at 11am on Tuesdays & Thursdays. What can you make? We give you the supplies and you do the creating! Limited only by your imagination! Our supplies will include ink stamps, play dough, and recycled goods. All Ages Welcome.
July 30th – Firefighter Fun -Summer Reading Finale! Firefighter stories, games and crafts! 10:30am-12pm.
Please join us for our Story Times filled with age-appropriate stories, songs, and finger plays! Check the calendar for dates and details. Please provide advance notice if you want to bring a large group to a Story Time. Always alert staff to any food allergies before allowing children to participate in the programs. When Papillion/LaVista Schools are closed due to inclement weather, programming will not be held.
- Toddler Story Time: M, TU & W 9:45am. Ages 12 months to 3 years.
- Story Time: TU (June only), W (May only), TH & F 10:30am.
- Baby Play: TU & TH 9:15am. Birth to 12 months.
- Evening Story Time: TH 6:30pm. All ages.
July 29th, 7pm – As part of the Eat Your Backyard educational series, the Douglas/Sarpy County Extension Office will present New Ways to Cook Fruits and Vegetables. Register by calling (402)597-2040.
As part of the Retirement Transitions series, a certified long term care planner and an attorney will be leading the following seminars from 6-7 at the library. Please register by calling (402)597-2040.
- August 5th – Social Security Strategies
- August 7th – Long Term Care Planning
- August 26th – Estate Planning
August 21st, 10-11am – Fun with Friends is a program for adults with special needs featuring exciting learning opportunities, music, and crafts. Adults must be accompanied by a caregiver. To register or for additional information, call (402)898-8830.
Brown Baggers meets every 3rd Wednesday at 12:00pm in Meeting Room 50.
Our next book is Man Killed by Pheasant by local author John Price.
Bonding With Bindings meets every 2nd Thursday at 7:00pm in Meeting Room 50.
Forever Young Book Club (a book club for adults who enjoy young adult literature) will be discussing The Maze Runner by James Dashner on August 19th at 7pm. Pick up a copy of this month’s book at the library front desk.
Club Knit meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. (Beginners and experienced knitters get together to knit.)
- Labor Day (August 31st & September 1st, 2014)
- Veterans’ Day (November 11th)
- Thanksgiving (November 27th & 28th, 2014)
- Christmas Eve at 1:00pm & Christmas Day (December 25th)
- New Year’s Eve at 5:00pm & New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Martin Luther King Day (January 18th & 19th, 2015)
- Presidents’ Day (February 15th & 16th, 2015)
- Easter Sunday (April 5th, 2015)
- Memorial Day (May 24th & 25th, 2015)
- Independence Day (July 4th)